It’s definitely time to start getting fired up for the coming NBA season. To help rev your engine, we’ve got the official TV broadcast schedule for your Toronto Raptors in 2017-18. Adjust your evening plans (and TV package purchases) accordingly.
Here’s the exceedingly small text:
Looking for the Raptors on TV? You're all set. pic.twitter.com/V8LHO54r4T— Daniel Reynolds (@aka_Reynolds) September 19, 2017
As per the official pre-release, here’s a summary of some of the details:
- 41 regular season home games will be broadcast in 4K, which I’m told is a big deal.
- TSN and Sportsnet will each carry 41 games, so neither corporate parent goes to bed angry.
- TSN will broadcast the home opener (Oct. 19 vs. Chicago) and the Raptors’ road debut (Oct. 23 @ San Antonio).
- Matt Devlin will be the play-by-play man for all 82 games in this, his tenth season. Life comes at you fast.
- As per usual, TSN broadcasts will get Jack “Hello!” Armstrong, while Sportsnet will get Leo “the big fella” Rautins, for analyst duties.
- On the radio, Sportsnet 590 The Fan and TSN 1050 will split the broadcast duties,
- Eric Smith will do play-by-play for 590 with Jones as analyst. For 1050, Jones will do play-by-play with either Armstrong or Sherman “the Sherminator” Hamilton tagging in on analyst duties.
- Far out: You can watch all five of the Raptors’ pre-season games on TV, with Sportsnet doing the opener and TSN airing the rest. The pre-season schedule is here.
Now, go with God, and get ready to order all of your TV package well in advance of October 1st, the date of the first Raptors pre-season game.