- When former dunk contest winner and NBA castoff Gerald Green drops 26 points in less than 25 minutes, you probably have the same chance of winning as a 16th seed. And that’s exactly how this one played out for the Toronto Raptors, who dropped a 98-84 decision to the soon-to-be Brooklyn Nets. March Madness indeed.
- Former Raptor Kris Humphries posted a massive double-double with 16 points and 21 rebounds. The three steals and three blocked shots were icing on my fantasy basketball cake.
- Meanwhile, the guys masquerading as the Raptors’ franchise players – Andrea Bargnani and DeMar DeRozan – combined to shoot a miserable 9-for-28 from the field. The seven-foot Bargnani also grabbed a whopping two rebounds in almost 33 minutes of action. Inexcusable.
- Jerryd Bayless was one of the lone bright spots for the Raptors on the night, posting his first double-double of the season with 16 points and 10 dimes.
- What will tomorrow’s trade deadline bring for the Dinos? Well, there should be no sacred cows on this team. Anybody and everybody not named Jonas Valanciunas should be available for the right price.