Arturo Galletti tackles the subject of overpaid and underpaid players for the 2010-11 NBA season.
A few thoughts on the value breakdown for the Toronto Raptors:
- Ed Davis should continue to rise through the ranks of the underpaid as he improves during his rookie contract.
- Amir Johnson is not overpaid. In fact, he's quite the opposite.
- Surprising to see Jose Calderon ranked 85th on the underpaid list. But he did lead the team in Wins Produced last season.
- Perhaps they should've extended a Qualifying Offer to Joey Dorsey, who ranks 102nd on the underpaid list.
- DeMar DeRozan really needs to improve this season.
- Andrea Bargnani, Leandro Barbosa and Linas Kleiza combined to produce -7.1 wins while collecting more than $20 million in salary. How's that for value?